In order for us to sign off on any new or renewed Pupil Activity Permit (PAP), the following must be on file:
- Valid FBI/BCI checks. For new coaches, you will need to make an appointment at the county office. Here is the link: Finger Print Appointments
- Fundamentals of Coaching. This is a one-time class. If you have not previously taken it, it is available through the National Federation of High Schools at NFHSlearn
- Valid CPR certification. There are many programs. CPRToday is quick and easy.
- A Concussion safety course. This course is free at NFHSlearn
- An approved course on sports medicine. Again, there are several different providers. “First Aid, Health and Safety” is available at NFHSlearn
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest awareness training. This will be completed each year. This course is free at NFHSLearn
Applying for your Pupil Activity Permit
You can apply for your PAP through your OH|ID account at the Ohio Department of Education. If you have never had an Ohio certification before, you will need your driver’s license to create your account. Here is the link to ODE. When you are searching for the superintendent’s signature use our IRN #049833 to ensure your application is routed to Lake Local Schools for approval.